WGN-TV Spring/Summer Internships
- Man of the People social media/production
- Evening news
- Web producer
- News writing
- Morning news
Learn more and apply here.
ABC7 Chicago – Summer 2019 Internships – Paid
Windy City Live Production Internship: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/…/news-planning…/391/10603005
Sports Internship: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/…/sports-intern…/391/10612333
Investigative Internship: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/…/investigative…/391/10612338
WGN News: Spring/Summer
NBC5 & Telemundo
Modern Luxury: editorial intern
WTTW: programming and production interns
Chicago Sun-Times: Summer newsroom
Chicago Scene Magazine: editorial intern
International Center for Journalists Communications Intern
ICFJ is looking for an energetic intern to join our communications team and work with us to tell ICFJ’s story. This is an exciting and paid opportunity for a self-starter who wants to advance journalism and further develop his or her communications skills – particularly in digital media.
Interns should be enthusiastic, efficient and flexible. Good writing skills and experience with social media are required. An interest in journalism and/or international affairs is strongly suggested. Applicants should exhibit a spirit of teamwork.
Duties will include developing written, visual and video content, contributing to the maintenance of ICFJ’s website, providing support for ICFJ events and other administrative tasks.
- Write and publish material for social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Design visuals for social media
- Film and edit video interviews
- Help compile regular analytics reports using multiple tools, such as Facebook Insights and Google Analytics
- Update ICFJ’s website
- Write short web stories and press mentions
- Support ICFJ events
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Intern must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or a recent graduate. Marketing, communications, journalism and design majors preferred.
- Experience with video editing and video editing software
- Highly collaborative with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Take pride in your work
It is a plus if you have experience with:
- Major design applications, such as Adobe Creative Suite
The internship would be 21 to 35 hours a week starting in January and finishing in May.
How to apply:
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples here.