Hope you enjoyed your break! We have a great lineup of SPJ events planned for the coming quarter:
- Wednesday, Jan. 10, 5-7 p.m.: Our next general meeting. Everyone is welcome! Our location will be announced soon.
- Wednesday, Jan. 17, 5-7 p.m., Daley 1260: Resume and headshot workshop. Get advice on how to make yourself a great job candidate. We will have a photographer taking professional headshots. Prepare for job and internship season!
- Saturday, Jan. 20, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.: School newspaper training for 8th-grade students at St. Juliana in Chicago. We’ll give aspiring journalists tips on how to find story ideas, conduct interviews and more. SPJ will provide transportation to the school, and lunch will be served afterward. If you’re interested, please contact SPJ President Ally Pruitt at email@example.com.
- Wednesday, Jan. 24, 5:30-7:30 p.m.: Monthly Public Newsroom: We’re teaming up with DePaul’s 14 East magazine to encourage Chicago residents to talk about important issues and learn more about how journalists will do their work. The first one will be in late January. Stay tuned for details!
- Newsroom tours: Details coming soon
- Friday, April 6, and Saturday, April 7: Save the dates for the SPJ Region 5 conference in Chicago. DePaul’s journalism program will be hosting the April 7 events. Sign up at the conference website to get email updates.
Questions? Interested in learning more? Find out what SPJ does and how to join. You can always contact Ally or Amy Merrick, our faculty adviser, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the minutes from our board meetings and general meetings here. We accept applications for board memberships each spring.
We look forward to seeing you soon!